Senator Walden- Trump’s health care idea
Trump-care would have a devastating impact on Oregonians.
- Reduce coverage: An estimated 465,000 Oregonians would lose health coverage by 2023. Oregon’s uninsured rate will triple.
- Reduce federal funding: Trumpcare (the AHCA) would add $190 million to Oregon’s budget shortfall, reaching $1 billion by 2023. The cumulative cost to Oregon would be $2.6 billion over the next six years.
- Job cuts: Trumpcare risks the loss of more than 23,300 health care jobs that were created in Oregon after the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) was implemented.
- Oregon received $10.4 million in federal funds through the ACA for immunizations, teen suicide prevention, and core public health services. The repeal puts these programs at risk.
- It not only strips funding from Planned Parenthood, it eliminates your credits and subsidies for health plans that even offered reproductive services.
NO health insurance plans in Oregon qualify.
- It does not increase choice or competition.
That’s a lie.
Insurance doesn’t make physicians, nurses, or hospitals magically appear. Health care is not like cereal or cars (which don’t go down in price anyway).
- Insurance premiums will increase faster.
It intentionally cuts people who gained coverage through the ACA Expansion shifting the costs of uncompensated care to everyone.
Includes part of the state that have the HIGHEST percent of people who gained coverage through the ACA. Everyone, EVERYONE, would face higher health care costs.
Tell Congressman Walden, this is a bad idea.
Write him: 2185 Rayburn House Office Building Washington, DC 20515
Call him: Phone: (202) 225-6730